The Center for Holocaust, Human Rights & Genocide Education at Brookdale Community College is a Registered Professional Development Provider with the NJ State Department of Education. Teachers taking courses, workshops and seminars with us will be issued appropriate forms for submitting to local, county, and state committees as stipulated in the Professional Development regulations.
The programs, services, resources and expertise of the Center staff are available for teachers to help them in directly addressing issues such as bullying, hatred, and abuses of general human dignity.
- The Center's quality programs are developed from multiple resources.
- Programs are customized for each classroom situation and grade level.
- Materials were developed to help the educator address global issues in a local context.
- Center programs for teachers are accredited and provide Continuing Education credits.
- The programs are easily implemented, and designed with an understanding of the teaching and administrative process.
- On-going support of the Center staff is available throughout the teaching process.
- The Center's programs facilitate and supplement use of State supplied materials.
Visit the Teacher Resource Room at the Center which contains curricula, lesson plans and study guides. Contact the Center to make plans to meet with a Center educator.