The Stateless Diplomat explores the life of Diana Apcar, an Armenian woman who helped build an international business across Southeast Asia. Faced with the horrors of the Armenian Genocide, Diana fought tirelessly to find sympathy and support for the victims of her ancestral home through books, letters, and her business connections. She later served as the first Armenian Consul to Japan during the short-lived Republic of Armenia.
Diana Apcar’s great-granddaughter, Mimi Malayan, uses her ancestor’s letters and archived documents to share Diana’s history and the journey of the Armenians. Join us for a film screening and discussion in remembrance of the Armenian Genocide.
Date: Thursday, April 23, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm EST
Location: Facebook Live
Free to all community members. School groups and educators are encouraged to attend.
In memory of Arsene B. Haroutunian
Preregistration is now closed, but you can still join us by following the steps below.
To Access the Virtual Armenian Genocide Remembrance:
- Go to the Chhange Facebook Live Page
- There will be a video under "Upcoming" called "The Stateless Diplomat"
- At 7:00 pm EDT the "The Stateless Diplomat" film will begin streaming. The video should start automatically at 7:00 pm EDT. If it does not, please click on the video to begin the streaming.
- The Stateless DIplomat will stream live. You cannot pause the video.
- At the end of The Stateless Diplomat, at approximately 8:20 pm, the streaming will stop. Please exit this video by clicking the "X" and click on the next Live Video, entitled "Film Discussion with Mimi Malayan"
If you have any questions at any time, please email email@example.com
Plant a Virtual Forget-Me-Not
Please join us as we honor and remember survivors and victims of the Armenian Genocide and please consider planting a virtual forget-me-not in memory of loved ones.
Virtual forget-me-nots are $10 each and will support Chhange programming. Forget-me-not tributes will be posted on social media and the Chhange website.
If you have any questions about this event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.